Open Campus Lunch for Juniors and Seniors
Beginning March 23rd, current Juniors and Seniors will be able to take advantage of an “open campus” concept.
This is a temporary privilege for only Juniors and Seniors that will take place during their 6th or 7th period lunch for the remainder of this school year.
The idea behind this is that any Junior or Senior may leave campus during their 70 min 6th or 7th period lunch time.
The purpose of this is to alleviate the number of students occupying our lunch spaces during lunch periods so that we can further align with IDPH safety guidelines.
• Students who have lunch 4th and 5th have already been able to leave early or arrive late.
• Seniors with double early release can also leave early.
• Junior and Senior students with 6/7 period lunch that intend to come back for to finish the school day will now be allowed to leave campus during their assigned lunch period.
To take advantage of this ‘Open Campus’ practice the student must complete the waiver form (found here) and return it to their alpha house. They must also ensure that they have a current Waubonsie ID when turning this paperwork into the alpha house. The class houses will identify students with ‘Open Campus’ permission by affixing a sticker to the back of their ID. There is no deadline for this paperwork however, students will need this parent approval in order to leave campus during their lunch.
Student IDs will be checked when students exit and re-enter campus.
If you do not have a student ID, one can be acquired one in the LMC.
• Students will be expected to exit and enter ONLY Door 33.
• Students must show their stickered ID at exit and entrance.
• Students should be mindful of multiple passengers in their vehicle.
• Students must return in time to return prudently for their next class.
• Students may NOT return to the building with any food.
We have high expectations for our students participation in this temporary practice. Any failure to adhere to the expectations could result in a loss of this privilege.