Model UN MUNUC results
This past weekend, Thursday, Feb. 6 to Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020, the Waubonsie Model UN team competed at the University of Chicago Model UN (MUNUC 32) conference. There were 2,500 student delegates representing more than 225 high schools from across the world. It is one of the largest high school conferences in the country and is regarded as one of the most prestigious Model UN events. The conference lasts for four days, during which students representing the member states of the United Nations debate international issues ranging from the regulation of space to the global food crisis. MUNUC simulations involve delegations of students who work with one another in their respective committees to produce mock resolutions on global issues.
This year our delegates represented the countries of Colombia and Ethiopia and did a fantastic job.
The following delegates earned the following prestigious awards:
- Anvita Agrawal representing Colombia on the UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) committee.
- Vidya Devarajulu representing Colombia on the UN Environmental Program (UNEP) committee.
- Montse Cuetos representing Colombia on the Social and Humanitarian (SOCHUM) committee.
- Miguel Bugayong and Srikant Lokesh representing Ethiopia on the Disarmament and International Security (DISEC) committee.
- Adil Khadri and Srihari Prabu representing Colombia on the UN Development Program (UNDP).
Model UN MUNUC 32 results (